collapse

Author Topic: Job Offer Acceptance Letter Sample  (Read 129211 times)

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
Job Offer Acceptance Letter Sample
« on: October 18, 2011, 11:21:52 AM »
Congratulations on your job offer! Even you've verbally accepted the role over the phone or face-to-face, it's a good idea to formally accept the job offer by putting it in writing in the form of a Job Acceptance Letter.

How to write a job offer acceptance letter
  • A statement of thanks for the opportunity
  • Acceptance of the job offer including the job role
  • Details of the agree terms and conditions of employment (which should be noted in the offer letter)
  • Confirmation of the date you can commence employment, including any holidays which you have already booked.
Ensure that you address the letter to the individual that offered you the position. Don't forget to put you contact address and telephone number, even if you think that the employer already has these details.

As with all letters to prospective employers, make sure that your letter is well written and does not contain spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. You may have already been offered the job, but you don't want your new employer to start reconsidering their decision at this early stage!

Example Job Acceptance Letter

Your Name
Your Address
Your City, Zip Code
Date

Dear <enter name of person who offered you the job>,

As we discussed on the telephone earlier, I am very pleased to accept the position of <enter job title> with <enter company name>. I appreciate being given the opportunity to work for your company. I am eager to make some very positive contributions to your company and to work with everyone on the < enter company name> team.

As we discussed, my starting salary will be <enter amount> and I will receive health and life insurance benefits after three months of employment. I very much look forward to beginning my new job on <enter date>. Please let me know if you happen to need more information or documentation prior to that date.

Thank you again,

Enter name 

« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:17:40 AM by Learnist Careers »

Offline K1nS

Re: Job offer acceptance letter sample
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »
I have never thought about doing this before, but it makes perfect sense! You have your back covered incase theres any misunderstanding when speaking to your new employer over the phone. This is something I will use for future reference.

Offline awundrin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:58:55 AM »
Good one, thank you :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:13:17 AM by Learnist Careers »

Offline Ruby claire

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 11:51:29 AM »
Also it help employer to understand what a candidate is expecting from his job. This is one of the finest post i have ever seen on job acceptance letter. Thanks for sharing.

Offline elise

• Global Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 07:22:04 AM »
if you are going to accept a job offer then you should do it in a formal way. This letter sample is good one to use. thanks

Offline Loztiggy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 01:04:29 PM »
That is a really good letter, but make sure that only things agreed in the interview are put in, so if you didnt ask for leave in the interview, dont put it in your letter!

Offline Glenys

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »
I agree, always do it formally and include the things you mentioned in interview.  If no leave was mentioned (and you really should ) then dont include it in the letter.  Even if you are doing the acceptance via email, still do it in the formal written format as it looks much better

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »
I think it's nice to write these letters.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:15:28 AM by Learnist Careers »

Offline lizzierobinson

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:40 PM »
Don't become lazy just because you've now got the job! Put some time and effort into your letter as well, and prove to the employer that they've hired the right person.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
who is the leader of the Labour Party? (UK):

postcv

* Recent Topics

What Career Would Suit Me? Advice Requested ! by Akynos
[May 18, 2017, 04:11:49 PM]

Direct Line Group Graduate Scheme - Programme 2017 by Learnist Careers
[May 18, 2017, 08:58:39 AM]

Iceland Jobs Application Form by amandainn
[May 15, 2017, 06:08:37 AM]

How do I write my first CV? by amandainn
[May 15, 2017, 05:57:15 AM]

question about bar work by Mops
[April 22, 2017, 07:18:45 PM]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38