collapse

Author Topic: Follow Up Letter Requesting a Second Interview  (Read 16800 times)

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
Follow Up Letter Requesting a Second Interview
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »
Follow Up Letter Requesting a Second Interview

Use this example letter to request a second interview from the employer.

Your Name
Your Address
Your City, Post Code
Your Phone Number
Your Email

Date

Name
Title
Organization
Address
City, post Code

Dear Name:

It was a pleasure finally meeting you, after our numerous emails and phone conversations, regarding the Production Editor-Proofreader position. I truly enjoyed our conversation; hearing about Management Group, in general; learning more about the needs of the Sales Intelligence department, and being able to share some of the reasons why I am the most ideal candidate for the job.

I appreciated the tour of your facilities. They are quite impressive, and it would be a true joy to work in such beautiful surroundings. Thank you also for introducing me to several Sales Intelligence team members. They were all so kind and accommodating. Please let them know I appreciate how comfortable they made me feel. I agree it was a shame that Bob Brown, the actual person I'd be working for, was not in. I hope he is feeling better and have no problem coming back to meet with him, when it's convenient.

After talking with you, meeting the team and getting a better understanding of what is involved in the position, I am even more confident there can be no better a match. Don Doe showed me several recent projects and Betty Boop explained the process and gave me a look at the computer applications typically used. I am very familiar with the entire set-up, and have done work almost identical to the ones shown.

Currently, my schedule is flexible and knowing your urgency to fill the position, I would like to meet Mr. Brown at his earliest convenience. Please drop me an email or a quick call with date and time, and I'll be sure to arrange my schedule around it. Thank you again for your time; I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Full Name

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:17:31 AM by Learnist Careers »

Offline mrngorickets

• Email
Re: Follow Up Letter Requesting a Second Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 03:26:50 PM »
 Hi,
Good ideal, pls try to keep posting. I like this topic very much and I will digged this one. Tks again.

Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at: Follow-up application letterBest rgs

Offline StephanieStevenson

• Global Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:01:48 PM »
A well written letter. Skimming over the points discussed in the interview is effective and proves you were actually speaking the truth as well as listening to what the interviewer had to say (indicative of excellent communication skills).

Offline Pamela Hopkinson

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 09:57:38 AM »
This is a brilliant way to remind the interviewer of you as individual and can help you stand out from the crowd, as the interviewer may have had a day full of interviewing candidates. It can also be used to subltly include a point you maybe wished you had made and only thought of once the interview was over but is very relevant to the role.

Offline rachel1973

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:49:57 AM »
I agree that this is a great idea and that it could be a good way to either highlight your good points or to include information that you felt you should have mentioned at the interview.

Offline Glenys

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »
Is this common practise? that the person looking for the job writes to request a second interview?  Surely it is down to the company to see who they want and go that way?

Offline rachel1973

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »
To be honest I have never known anyone who has sent this sort of letter before. I wonder whether it is something that would be frowned upon by some companies as wasting their time rather than being something that would make them feel more positive towards that applicant. What does everyone else think?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
who is the leader of the Labour Party? (UK):

postcv

* Recent Topics

How do I write my first CV? by markgill
[April 24, 2017, 07:19:39 AM]

question about bar work by Mops
[April 22, 2017, 07:18:45 PM]

Part time job interview at wetherspoon! any tips? by amyjohncse
[April 19, 2017, 01:13:50 PM]

How To Make An Outstanding CV? by markgill
[April 19, 2017, 11:01:22 AM]

PETS CORNER QUESTIONS by Sophie
[April 13, 2017, 06:09:07 PM]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38