collapse

Author Topic: Chasing Job Application  (Read 8966 times)

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
Chasing Job Application
« on: January 29, 2012, 10:35:21 AM »

You have submitted your job application and don't know what to do! "how long should wait to follow up?" "should i write a follow up letter?" "should I ring them instead?"

These days, companies are receiving thousands of job applications such as Tesco, Siansburys, Asda, Wilkinsons, New Look etc. so its very easy to forget about you! You may be lost in job application and CV mountain! thats very possible! If you want to avoid this situation then it's good idea to write a thank you letter!

What should I write in my letter?

You can say things that you have forgotten in your job application.
You can state again that you want to job because you think you are the right person for this position!
You must say thank you for the opportunity that you applied for the vacancy!

After your application there will be a stressful waiting period which you don't how long it will last!

If you receive very very early responds can mean that you have failed! however this is not always true!

How to chase job application then?

- Write a thank you letter and remind yourself!
- Give them a call and say thank you and remind yourself!

When you ring or write a letter you can add any supporting things for your job application, it's never late!

Here are very useful thank you letter examples and chasing job application letter samples!

Thank you letter and email examples!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:00:38 PM by Job Hunter »

Offline lizzierobinson

Re: Chasing Job Application
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »
A good tip that somebody gave me a while ago was that when writing letters, try to make it sound like you're genuinely interested in the company and, to some extent, you're even doing them a favour!

Make sure you thank them. This is very important. You're thanking them for the opportunity they gave you in inviting you for an interview.

Also make sure that you come across as a nice, polite person. You never know, they may be back in touch with you when another job opportunity arises.

Offline StephanieStevenson

• Global Moderator
    • Email
Re: Chasing Job Application
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »
Unfortunately, the current economic client means that each job receives literally hundreds of applications. Many of the larger companies retain your information on file for 6 to 12 months, particularly in businesses such as supermarkets where they have a number of branches or a high turnover of staff.
It is definitely worth following up your application, even if all you do is build a small rapport with the person you speak to, write to or email. Just be friendly, ask your question, and suggest that you are very interested in the position. Sometimes, they can say 'if you have waited xx weeks and had no reply, your application has been unsuccessful', but it is better to know than to wonder!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
who is the leader of the Labour Party? (UK):

* Recent Topics

What Career Would Suit Me? Advice Requested ! by Akynos
[May 18, 2017, 04:11:49 PM]

Direct Line Group Graduate Scheme - Programme 2017 by Learnist Careers
[May 18, 2017, 08:58:39 AM]

Iceland Jobs Application Form by amandainn
[May 15, 2017, 06:08:37 AM]

How do I write my first CV? by amandainn
[May 15, 2017, 05:57:15 AM]

question about bar work by Mops
[April 22, 2017, 07:18:45 PM]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38