collapse

Author Topic: Tesco Jobs : 1,150 New Jobs in Reading Plus 750 in Dagenham  (Read 5250 times)

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
    • Share Post

New Tesco distribution centres planned in Reading and Dagenham.

Tesco have announced plans to reorganise its distribution network introducing new warehouses in Reading and Dagenham so products can be kept closer to stores and allow the growth of convenience stores in the area.

Dagenham distribution cenre proposed on the former Heineken brewery at Whitley to the south of the city will provide fresh food and the Reading DC will be grocery supplying stores in the South East and internet orders.

Tesco Reading site is due to open during May and is anticipated to create 1,150 new jobs including managers, warehouse staff and drivers.  The existing smaller sites in Weybridge and Chesterfield are expected to shut down, which currently employs 650 and 400 jobs respectively.  A further 140 jobs may also be lost at the Magor site.

The 900,000 square foot site includes a vehicle maintenance unit, vehicle wash, refuelling area, gate house and warehouse.

Proposals at the Dagenham site are expected to provide 750 new jobs by the end of June but there is a possibility that 800 jobs at the nearby Harlow DC may be lost.

Tesco have stated that any employees whos jobs could be cut will be offered altnernative posts either at the new sites or in local stores.

Linkback: http://forums.learnist.org/index.php?topic=6669.0

upload CV

kasey

Re: Tesco Jobs : 1,150 New Jobs in Reading Plus 750 in Dagenham
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
hello i would like to apply for the tesco warehouse job near reading gate how can i?

Share via reddit Share via twitter

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who is the prime minister of UK? (surname):

* Recent Topics

What is the minumum time between shifts? by erry09e8
[September 16, 2018, 01:26:38 PM]

Can I resign before I am dismissed? by erry09e8
[September 16, 2018, 01:20:06 PM]

dismissal after giving notice by erry09e8