collapse

Author Topic: What Career Would Suit Me? Advice Requested !  (Read 57221 times)

Offline Akynos

• Email
What Career Would Suit Me? Advice Requested !
« on: May 18, 2017, 04:11:49 PM »

Hello,

I am a recent Management graduate and am looking to understand which career would suit me.

The text might be a bit long for some of you, but I hope that you will have the patience to read through my case. I would be very grateful for any advice, no matter how small.

Although there's much I need to learn about myself, here's what I do know:

I am a creative, independent and competitive man. I like creating my own things and trying out ideas to make things easier or improving them. I am also interested in business - the result of 4 years of study - and would like to have a job that fits within a business environment.

I dislike day-to-day activities that never seem to end; I enjoy being able to visualise the purpose of my work and the impact it will have. I like to be personally involved in creative projects and see them from beginning to the end, and be able to say "It's my work, right here, I helped build it with my own personal ideas, and it makes a difference to my environment".

I grew up as a strong introvert, and disliked groups from a young age, being unable to relate to my peers. However, I have learned over the years how to deal with people and I though I still do not excel in groups, I have strong 1-on-1 abilities. I am very good at listening and understanding an individual and am able to be very empathetic and help them by analysing their strengths and weaknesses and giving them constructive advice. I have read several books on human psychology and would be keen to apply it usefully in a business context.
I also have developed strong presentation skills, and can convey ideas in a convincing, confident manner.

I had two main jobs so far. My first one was as a team member in a cinema. I disliked the job. My duties were to stand around either serving people food or taking their tickets. Neither made me feel worth anything. It seemed like a meaningless job a machine could do.

My second job was porfolio and database analyst. Though the job was rather repetitive, having to export databases and consolidate them, I came to like the job when I became really efficient and fast in doing it. It made me feel like a niche expert, and no one else could do it like I could. However, the days were rather similar and time seemed to stretch. I finished my projects early and was bored.
On one occasion, I worked two days in a row, 9 hours a day without any break. My boss asked me to create something so that when I left my job, somebody else could take it up easily. I loved it because he didn't tell me what to do specifically - I could invent anything I saw fit, as long as it worked. I proceeded to create macros for easing the tasks, as well as writing out a guide, full with pretty images and screenshots. I was proud of my work and was happy to do it all day long.

Based on this, could you tell me what jobs/careers you think would suit me best? Any advice is very welcome. Thank you for reading !

Have a nice day !

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
who is the leader of the Labour Party? (UK):

* Recent Topics

Asda Sheffield Drakehouse Supermarket Jobs - 550 Job Vacancies by ms i wignell
[August 27, 2017, 01:05:52 PM]

Salary on CV? by sandeshbukate
[August 25, 2017, 04:45:00 AM]

CV Checklist: 5 Things to Remember When Writing a CV by sandeshbukate
[August 10, 2017, 05:20:23 AM]

How do you know if your CV is up to standard? by CV-Centre
[August 08, 2017, 09:13:14 AM]

jobs in UK by joan
[August 04, 2017, 04:02:54 PM]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38