collapse

Author Topic: Do you think I'll get this job?  (Read 2300 times)

Zoe ryan

Do you think I'll get this job?
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »

Basically, last summer, I spent 10 weeks working in an Insurance company. I was 17, and got the job from my uncle whom asked Arthur ( my boss) if there was any positions in administration for me. He kindly gave me the job. I was brand new and had no clue what I was doing.I was trained , and they were all so so kind to me, especially my boss. He constantly told me not to worry if I didn't get the job done etc, and didn't mind if I didn't do something right. I loved working there so much. On my last day, my boss and my team took me out to lunch to say goodbye to me and also they gave me a card and voucher. I was so happy, and gave each of them a written thank you card and chocolates. My boss mentioned once ' we could teach you more stuff if you'd like to come back next year' ( he said this in passing. My mom even took my boss out after I finished the job, to tell him how grateful she was for his kindness in hiring me. While in administration, I was taking the woman who was on maternity leave's position. When I left, I briefly remember my boss telling them that someone new is coming in. About four weeks ago, I wrote a letter to my boss, asking him if it were possible to get a job again this summer. I told him how grateful I was etc, and also that I would work harder etc. I haven't heard from him since I sent it about a month ago, so my uncle who works with him asked him yesterday. The reason he hasn't replied is he is so busy at the moment, but will ' deal with it
. My mom said I haven't necessarily got the job, but it is hopeful. So i have to wait till my boss will ' deal with it'. Does it seem likely I'll get the job?

upload CV

Offline Glenys

Re: Do you think I'll get this job?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:08:01 PM »
I think you have a good chance, they know you, they know how you work, that you were easy to train etc (from what you have said)

I don't see why not, but nothing is guaranteed, it maybe that they have a freeze on recruitment so couldn't take anyone on in the summer - who knows

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who is the prime minister of UK? (surname):

* Recent Topics

Strength Based Interview Questions by Learnist Careers
[June 15, 2018, 09:20:36 AM]

Border Force Interview Questions by Learnist Careers
[June 15, 2018, 09:12:36 AM]

Border Force Officer - Assistant Application 2018 by elisa
[April 30, 2018, 02:13:34 PM]

Costcutter Jobs Application Form by Estelle wain
[March 30, 2018, 02:11:24 PM]

Good or bad move - Leaving current role without new role secured? by LK
[March 13, 2018, 12:39:17 PM]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38