If you have got an interview as a Bank Clerk then you want to be as prepared as possible before going to any interview.
Consider things such as:
- Your previous experience – does it match the job description?
- Have you done this kind of role or any financial role before?
- Why do you want to work in this industry/role?
As a Bank Clerk you will be dealing with customers coming into a bank to pay money into their accounts, take money out, order cheque books, ask questions and advice about their accounts etc so you will need to be able to absorb a great deal of information so that you can help your customers well.
Your interviewer will want to know how good your communication skills are so it would be useful to think about some example prior to your interview where you can demonstrate this excellent communication.
You will be dealing with customers all day long and sometimes these customers will not always be friendly, you will need to make sure that you can deal with these issues and know how you would manage this situation.Bank Clerk Interview Questions
You could be asked questions such as:
- What is your understanding of the role of Bank Clerk?
- What do you know about our Bank?
- Where do you see your career in five years time?
- Are you looking to pursue further financial qualifications?
- Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you deal with it?
- What issues Lloyds has at the moment, how do they affect the society?
- Tell me about a time you worked as part of an unsuccessful group.
- When have you failed?
- What is a customer services
- Why this role?
- What makes you think you will build a career here ?!
- Why do you want to work at a Bank, why finance?
- Please give me a situation when you experienced a failure?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What is the most difficult decision you've ever had to make?
- Describe a situation where you brought about change
- Tell me about a time when you have had to make a difficult decision.
- What attracted you to the company?
Make sure that before your interview you have researched the bank that you are hoping to work for. Look at what products and services they provide and imagine that you will be talking to customers about these roles and how you would feel about this? How good are your communication skills and how good are you from a mathematical understanding, all important factors when looking to work within a financial establishment. Good luck.