If you are going for an interview as a Baggage handler
soon then you will need to make sure you are familiar with the airport in which you will be working. How far away do you live? How long will it take you to get there?
You will need to consider that this role is a physical role and you will be lifting and moving heavy baggage usually from holiday makers. You will need to work to tight timelines in terms of loading and unloading an aircraft and getting the bags onto the conveyor belt and getting the passengers in and out of the airport in a timely fashion.
Your interviewer will want to know that you are hard working and whether you have had any previous training of lifting and how to handle heavy baggage. Baggage Handler Interview Questions
You could be asked questions such as:
- How many bags do you think you may move in one shift?
- Have you ever done any previous airport work?
- How do you feel about having security checks done on you because of where you will be working?
- Do you know how to lift properly? Have you ever received any training?
- How good would you say your communication skills are?
- Why do you want to work in this area?
- Can you provide your 5 years of history with references?
- Why do you want to do that job?
- Tell me about yourself
- Why should we hire you?
- Have you got your own transport? How will you come to work?
It will be a physically demanding role and your interviewer will want to know that you are able to do this and keep up to the work load. Look into the approx amount of flights in and out of the airport a day and see if you can find out how big the team is and from there you will be able to establish how busy a role as a baggage handler is.
You will need to be able to demonstrate that you can communicate well and take clear direction from any Managers and be able to learn your way round quickly following very strict rules and procedures. Good luck.