If you have secured an interview for an Animal Care
role then you will need to be passionate about the care of Animals and done some previous work with animals before. Animal Care is needed to usually look after animals brought into care such as for the RSPCA and other companies and you will have to look after sometimes badly treated animals that have been rescued and get them to a stage where they can be re homed and continue with a good life.
You may have done an animal care course of NVQ qualification or just beginning from the bottom and wanting to learn as much as you can because you are interested in this role but you will need to demonstrate to your interviewer how caring and kind natured you are towards pets and preferably not have a fear of some animals as you could be dealing with a variety of unwanted animals.
Animal Care work can we all hours of the day if there are emergencies and there may be a cause for you to work some night times so by researching this role thoroughly including the location of the establishment allows you to know how long it will take you to get there and look at how you will get there each day etc.Animal Care Interview Questions
During your interview, you could be asked questions such as:
- Why have you decided to want to work in Animal Care?
- What animals have you had experience of working with and what is your favourite and least favourite and why?
- Have you ever had a bad experience with an animal – please provide more details?
- Where do you see your career in five years?
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work with animals?
- What make you a better candidate for this job?
- Have you got pets?
- When can you start?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- If you were an animal what
- If you were an animal what would you be?
Depending on the animals you will be dealing with will spark more specific questions so by going through the company information in detail you will find out what animals they take in and the reasons why so that you are prepared for your interview. Good luck.