You will probably recieve one of the following 47 exit interview questions during your job interview so better to be prepared for them.
1. What's the primary reason for leaving?
2. What other reasons made you start looking for other opportunities?
3. What in particular triggered the action to leave the organisation?
4. How would you describe your relationships with your colleagues?
5. Were you treated fairly and objectively while working at this organisation?
6. Which company are you moving to?
7. What salary have they offered you?
8. What are the benefits associated with your new job offer?
9. How would you describe your relationship with your manager?
10. How would you describe his/her management style?
11. Did you receive the guidance and career development you expected?
12. Did you feel there was mutual respect between you and your manager?
13. Did you feel valued in your role in the team / department or organisation?
14. What did you really enjoy about your job?
15. What did you find really frustrating about your job or particular tasks?
16. What in particular attracted you to the new job you've been offered?
17. What was your view on the appraisal process?
18. What was your view on the promotion or progression opportunities?
19. Did you work particularly long hours? What is your opinion on the work life balance here?
20. Did you feel your skills and knowledge were fully utilised in your role?
Training and Developments
21. Did you receive adequate training in relation to carrying out your duties?
22. In general what did you think of the training on offer at the company?
23. What do you think about the development opportunities available to you within your job role?
24. Were there opportunities to improve your existing skills and knowledge?
25. Did you have opportunities to learn new skills?
Pay and Benefits
26. Did you feel you were paid adequately for the job role you performed?
27. What are your views on the benefits package [Pension, Healthcare, Dental Insurance, Life Assurance, Gym Membership, etc.]
28. What remuneration package have the other company offered?
29. Did your pay remain aligned to the cost of living?
Company and Organisation
30. When you joined the company did you receive the induction and orientation you expected?
31. Did you receive the welcome you expected?
32. Did you have access to all the systems you needed to perform your job role on the first day?
33. What have you enjoyed about working at this company?
34. What have you find particularly frustrating about working here?
35. Did the organisation honour and live up to it's values and core principles?
36. How did you find the internal communication channels?
37. Would you suggest any changes or improvements in the ways the company operators?
38. What's the general morale [in your opinion] within the organisation?
Reason for Leaving
40. Following spouse overseas
41. Lack of career progression
42. Poor performance
43. Lack of career path
44. De-motivated in the job
45. Personality clash with team members
46. Difficult relationship with manager
47. Relationship breakdown with manager or supervisor