Roles will vary from company to company depending on the industry they are in but if you are looking for some guidance about the kinds of things that you can expect to see in a job description related to skills and tasks then the below information may help you.Related
: Social Media Specialist CV Example
Job responsibilities and general experience required for this role is as below:
- Be responsible for the social media advertising.
- Handle all PR for the company.
- Devise marketing plans in line with the company values.
- Monitor and manage the social media platforms used by the company.
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers finding out how to keep them engaged.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and verbally.
- The ability to write, create and manage unique and interesting content that makes the company stand out from the rest keeping our followers engaged and entertained and wanting more.
- Keeping on top of latest trends within the public domain.
- Come up with new ideas of how to grow the number of followers/the audience through promotion and well produced content.
- You must have excellent working knowledge of Facebook, My Space, Twitter, You Tube and other social media platforms.
- To hold meetings internally and externally explaining and communicating clearly for the non technical users about the products, brands of the company.
- You must have a creative way of writing and have a good understanding of technical terms.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- You must have excellent people management skills and be an excellent communicator with the ability of communicating at all levels.
Although this is just an example of a job description, it allows you the opportunity to think about the tasks you will be asked to do as a Social Media Specialist.