Roles will vary from company to company depending on the industry they are in but if you are looking for some guidance about the kinds of things that you can expect to see in a job description
related to skills and tasks then the below information may help you.
Job responsibilities and general experience required for this role is as below:
- Full responsibility for accounts and how information is handled and gathered.
- Create and maintain marketing campaigns in line with the company values.
- The ability to write, create and manage unique and interesting content that makes the company stand out from the rest keeping our followers engaged and entertained and wanting more.
- Measuring and creating reports on the effectiveness of such campaigns.
- Keeping on top of latest trends within the public domain.
- Understanding and promoting our brands ensuring our standards are consistently met, with a good understanding of our competitors.
- Holding weekly/daily meetings to ensure that information is shared correctly and all departments are up to date.
- Come up with new ideas of how to grow the number of followers/the audience through promotion and well produced content.
- You will be responsible for defining and following the social media strategy for the company.
- You must have excellent working knowledge of Facebook, My Space, Twitter, You Tube and other social media.
- Write, publish and maintain current content on Facebook etc with a view to keeping the audience engaged.
- To hold meetings internally and externally explaining and communicating clearly for the non technical users about the products, brands of the company.
- You must have a creative way of writing and have a good understanding of technical terms.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
You must have excellent people management skills and be an excellent communicator with the ability of communicating at all levels.
Although this is just an example of a job description, it allows you the opportunity to think about the tasks you will be asked to do as a Social Media Manager. Related
: Social Media Manager Covering Letter