collapse

Author Topic: HELP PLEASE! Need career guidance - am I wasting my time with my course??  (Read 6147 times)

Offline itwannabe

• Email

I am currently studying for an MCSE course, but have no idea what lies ahead in terms of my career! I have read plenty of pages that say this is a waste of time and I'm starting to panic! They all seem to say that these types of courses are a waste of time and not want employers want! Is this a good place to start? Does this path offer good progression and renumeration? Is there a different path/qualifications that I should be looking at? Any sort of advice would be great, can't seem to find anyone who can help!

Thank you

upload CV

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
im sorry for late answer but yes you would be wasting your time with MCSE courses or any other IT courses.

Offline Glenys

Yes I agree actually, to be honest I believe most jobs within IT are actually looking more for experience than specific courses, it does of course depend on what job you are applying for.  Generally though yes MSCE courses are a waste of time

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who is the prime minister of UK? (surname):

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38