collapse

Author Topic: Marks and Spencer Interview  (Read 31969 times)

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
Marks and Spencer Interview
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »

Firstly I must say that it's not too hard. Everything will take about 45 minutes to complete. Your interview will probably start with a little role play.

So you will have to write your own story for this role play assessment. When we look on the net many created different stories but the most popular one is a birthday cake for a mother!

Somebody ordered a birthday cake for her mother and it was marked as dispacthed however the customer hasn't got the cake! and they need it today. What will you do? You have only 5 minutes to think about what would you do. In this case one of the interviewer will be the customer and the other one will take notes.

Possible solutions?

- Check the cake, what was it, what flavour was it and then suggest something very similiar!

- Call nearby stores if they have it in stock and get back the customer if you find it from them.

- Say sorry but don't exaggerate, these things happens.

The role play interviewer will help you by directing you so this should be alright for you.

It's best to smile a lot during this role play as it will make so-called customer beleive what you say.

The stories will be similiar so just use your imagination.

What to wear for Marks and Spencer interview?

People suggest you to wear really smart for M&S jobs.

If everything went well then they will probably photocopy your documents and let you know about the induction days and the hours.

Offline lisame

Re: Marks and Spencer Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »
thank you very much! that helps me a lot!

Offline girlythts

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:27:32 PM »
I just saw this comment on http://www.learnist.org/marks-and-spencer-role-play-interview/:

Please be careful. I had an interview yesterday at m&s, I spent all week researching and practising questions that would probably be asked. The role play was first and I knew what I was doing with the ‘birthday cake’ scenario. I was given a totally different task and failed miserably. I didn’t even get to the second stage because I hadn’t reached their benchmark. I was desperate to get the job and I am now devastated that I messed up at such a crucial stage.

Offline lizzierobinson

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 03:35:47 AM »
Marks and Spencer is a company that is generally regarded as a bit more "up market". If you go into their stores, the staff are generally friendly and smart, and that's what they're looking for in new employees.

Customer service is crucial for M & S as a business, and that's probably why they have the role playing during interviews.

Like girlythts mentioned, there may be other scenarios given to you, so practice thinking on the spot in case they give you one that you haven't rehearsed!

sahida akhtar

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »
I looking for job ...shop assistant..

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
who is the leader of the Labour Party? (UK):

* Recent Topics

What Career Would Suit Me? Advice Requested ! by Akynos
[May 18, 2017, 04:11:49 PM]

Direct Line Group Graduate Scheme - Programme 2017 by Learnist Careers
[May 18, 2017, 08:58:39 AM]

Iceland Jobs Application Form by amandainn
[May 15, 2017, 06:08:37 AM]

How do I write my first CV? by amandainn
[May 15, 2017, 05:57:15 AM]

question about bar work by Mops
[April 22, 2017, 07:18:45 PM]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38