collapse

Author Topic: Signs of a Bad Interview - 10 Signs That The Job Interview Went Bad  (Read 19320 times)

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
    • Share Post

It's time to take a look at the signs of a bad interview. If the interviewer doesn't like what you have to say, they will smile falsely, try and intimidate you to an extent and be brief. However, if you notice these signs, asking some questions may change things. Ask about the team and team socials, ask about routes to progression... Take your turn to ask them questions too. By taking back a small amount of control, it could improve your position with them.

If they challenge you on a point, take a deep breath and maintain your composure, and walk away knowing you did your best. You can't win them all!

Related: Good Interview Signs

1- If you have had a bad interview you can notice that the interview didn't last long or less than what it was scheduled.

2- The employer or interviewer wasn't interested in what you saying

3- The interviewer laid back, no smile, constantly looking at the time, looking bored, can't wait for the interview to be finished. 

4- The employer or the interviewer is taking a lot of time for the next question or asking the same question again and again to make himself look strong. Most times they are not even taking the next step.

5- If they don't want you to pass the interview then they would ask you difficult questions and make you feel bad. 

6- They wouldn't say nicely, they would cold and no eye contact, no smiling.

7- There wouldn't be agreement about second interview or next steps.

8- The interviewer is being busy during your interview, answering calls, ordering drinks etc..

9- The employer or the interviewer is not friendly and giving reasons why you are not the right person for the job.

10- Finally they would tell you that they have already somebody in mind and the queue is really long for the job.

Linkback: http://forums.learnist.org/index.php?topic=3951.0

upload CV

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:10:35 AM by Learnist Careers »

Offline lizzierobinson

• Share Post
Re: Signs of a bad interview 10 signs that the job interview went bad
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
They won't be too positive and optimistic after your interview if you've not been successful.

If they give you vague comments such as "If you're successful, you'll hear from us" or "Don't worry if you don't hear anything - it's because you haven't been successful", then you might be in with bad news.

The first mentioned on the list is quite a good sign to look out for. If you feel that the interview has been cut short, it might not be good news for you. This might be because the interviewer feels that it's just not going well at all and thinks he'll be wasting his time continuing the interview.

Offline rachel1973

• Share Post
I had an interview where the interviewer looked laid back as he had his feet on the desk when interviewing me. He then asked me how I would react to a stressful situation so I responded by saying I wouldn't let it stress me but just approach t in a calm and methodical way and if I had a deadline I couldn't reach I would ask for help. He then asked me a similar question, which implied to me that he did not like my answer! I did not get the job - apparently I had too much of a laid-back attitude!!

Offline gemmacareers

• Share Post
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 12:54:53 PM »
If you feel as though an interview has gone badly, you always have the option of getting in touch with them afterwards and asking whether there is anything that they feel you could improve on for the next time. My partner got this type of feedback after a recent interview, and found that it was incredibly helpful for the next time he had to answer questions. With experience comes knowledge!

Offline Glenys

• Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:18:57 PM »
You should always ask for feedback from an interview if you are unsucessful.  Unfortunatly not all companies will provide it, but those that do at least you will have an idea as to why

Share via reddit Share via twitter

xx
16 Signs That Interview Went Well! Good Interview Signs

Started by Learnist Careers on Interview Tips

7 Replies
Last post May 12, 2014, 08:54:46 AM
by tonyrestall78
xx
10 signs it's time to quit

Started by Learnist Careers on Resignation Letters

0 Replies
Last post March 11, 2010, 12:09:16 PM
by Learnist Careers
xx
UK Economy Showing Positive Signs

Started by Learnist Careers on Job News

0 Replies
Last post November 24, 2009, 07:22:54 PM
by Learnist Careers
xx
Cineworld Interview - Group Interview Next Week!

Started by elise on I have a job interview

0 Replies
Last post March 09, 2012, 03:32:39 PM
by elise

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who is the prime minister of UK? (surname):

* Recent Topics

What is the minumum time between shifts? by erry09e8
[September 16, 2018, 01:26:38 PM]

Can I resign before I am dismissed? by erry09e8
[September 16, 2018, 01:20:06 PM]

dismissal after giving notice by erry09e8