collapse

Author Topic: How to Stay Calm in a Job Interview?  (Read 3064 times)

Offline rachel1973

How to Stay Calm in a Job Interview?
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »

I always get flustered in job interviews. I think that I am ready and then when I get asked questions my mind goes blank and I do not have the right answers. Does anyone have any advice on what to do to help?

upload CV

Offline Learnistorg

• Global Moderator
Re: How to Stay Calm in a Job Interview?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 02:57:49 PM »
It is always a good idea to make sure that you are well prepared. Do a lot of research about the company and think about what questions you are likely to be asked. Make sure you know what the job description is and how you will fit in to the role.

It can be a good idea to practice some relaxation techniques beforehand as well. Take some deep breaths before the interview and during it, if you find that you are getting flustered. Try to smile as that can help you to feel better as well.

The more interviews you have, the easier they will become so hopefully lots of practice will help. Get friends and family to ask you questions so that you can practice answers as well. It will not feel like a proper interview but it will help you to get used to answering the questions.

Offline Glenys

Re: How to Stay Calm in a Job Interview?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:34:26 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much, they will expect people to be a bit nervous.  After all it's a very nervy time looking for a new job.  Just take a couple of deep breaths and try not to leave too long a pause before you give an answer - even if you say something like "I'm sorry, I'm a bit nervous and I will need to think on that answer for a moment if that is ok"

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who is the prime minister of UK? (surname):

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38