If you want to help people usually on benefits in sometimes difficult circumstances to get appropriate housing then this role may be what you are looking for.
You will need to have a strong can do personality and be able to communicate with a wide variety of people in a busy environment.
You will need to have good sound knowledge of the benefits system and how you can possibly help your clients.
If you are looking for help on improving your CV, please find below example: Related
: Housing Officer Cover Letter ExampleCV Example: Housing Officer
Mobile No/EmailPERSONAL PROFILE
I am a hardworking individual who has a solid background in Administration and Customer Services. I enjoy communicating with different people on a daily basis in person and on the telephone and being able to help them in any way that I can within my role.
I love to be organised and I prioritise my work each day through writing lists and having a plan of what I need to achieve.
I am a team player and work well with other people but I am also able to work on my own initiative and enjoy a happy mix of this in my environment.
I have good administration skills but always keen to learn new skills to help me within the role I do. I am now seeking a long term career in the housing sector and feel that with my past accomplishments that I would be asset to any company. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Date to Date or To Date – Housing Officer – Where?
In my role as a Housing Officer, I work in a busy office environment meeting people and placing them into new housing and dealing with any problems they may have. My day to day responsibilities for this include:
- Going through the vacant accommodation and allocating as per the needs and requirements of people
- Inspecting properties on a planned regular basis to make sure all properties are in a good state of repair and assessing any repairs that need doing
- Thorough assessment of the people’s needs that are applying for housing
- Dealing with issues such as anti-social behaviour and broken tenancy agreements and making decisions related to these tenancies maybe through court channels
- Acting as a point of reference and referring tenants to appropriate sources of benefits and welfare advice in line with their needs
- Advising clients of their rents and dealing with the payments and arrears as necessary
- Reporting accurate figures and information as required
- Providing support to tenants’ groups and attending their meetings.
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Have you done anything relevant that would suit the skills in the job you are applying for? Any previous work experience/training related to Housing or Admin that is relevant as per the job description?HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work?REFERENCES
Available on request.