If you are looking for a Checkout Operator role then you will need to have a good customer service skills, be able to work individually and work under pressure. The role will consist of mainly operating the till, processing good to be purchased and cash handling There are no required qualifications although there are NVQ's available within the industry, such as Customer Service, and training is often provided, however, experience in a similar role or environment will assist you in your application.
If you are looking to update your CV please see the below CV example:Checkout Operator CV Example
Mobile No/EmailPERSONAL PROFILE
I am a hardworking individual with good customer service skills and a polite and friendly personality. I have the proven ability to deal tactfully with difficult customers by implying my good spoken communication skills to the role, basic maths skills and strive to maintain a smart and tidy appearance at all times. I have also recently completed a Customer Service NVQ at level 2 which has helped me gain many transferable skills suitable to the role of checkout operator. I am now seeking a full time role, and am flexible in my availability. EMPLOYMENT HISTORYDate to Date or To Date – Checkout Operator – Where?
Working within a busy supermarket in the city centre. Providing a high level of customer service and greeting customers in a polite manner, and dealing with customer queries with an effective approach. Main duties included:
- Receiving payment by cash, cheque, credit cards and vouchers
- Issuing receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Assisting customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Establishing or identify prices of goods using cash registers and price scanners.
- Answering customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Processing merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy checkout area and complete other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying rubbish bins
University, College, School – For all include titles/subjects and qualifications.
Any internal training courses completed - Customer Service NVQ?
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Customer care? Eye for detail? Communication skills?
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
What do you like to do outside of work? Remember the type of industry you are applying to work in...your personal hobbies and interests say a lot about the applicants personality and could help decide whether or not you would be suitable for the role.
Available on request.Good luck.