collapse

Author Topic: Sales Assistant Cover Letter Example  (Read 133086 times)

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
Sales Assistant Cover Letter Example
« on: January 20, 2013, 10:53:56 AM »

You can use this free examples of Sales Assistant covering letters after amending them as suitable.

In a role as a sales assistant you will be expected to deal with people and money and so your cover letter will need to show that you are capable of doing this. Make sure that you highlight any experience qualifications and skills you have that will be relevant. This means that you need to show that you have good social skills, you have good arithmetic skills and are trustworthy with money and that you have a polite and friendly attitude.

Include any qualifications you have in maths or numeracy as well as any NVQ’s or similar that you have in retail or customer service. List experience that you have in jobs where you have had to deal with customers or money, including any voluntary work that you have done. Also include any skills or personality traits you have that will help you with the job such as good social skills, ability to work quickly and efficiently where required and good basic numeracy skills.

You will also need to demonstrate that you are polite and helpful so that you can deal with customer queries. Make sure that if you have to hand in the application in person or if you go for an interview that you have a neat appearance as you will be customer facing so will need to look good all of the time.

Sales Assistant Cover Letter Example 1

<Enter the date>

<Enter your full address>

Dear <Enter name of person receiving application>,

I am sending you this covering letter and CV in regard to the position advertised in <enter where job was found>. Having read the advert, I would like to apply for the position of Sales Assistant.

I have currently worked as a sales assistant for <enter years>. I believe in offering 100% customer service at all times, and I really enjoy working with the general public. I have a very helpful personality and take pride in assisting customers in making purchases they will be happy with for years to come. I have excellent mathematical skills and therefore I am very good at cash handling. I would very much like to join your team.

I believe I am more than qualified and experienced for the position and could be an asset to your firm. I previously worked at <previous employer>, whilst in that position I learned a lot about the role and I am now ready to progress my career further.

Please find attached my CV, which I believe shows my suitability for the role. If you want to discuss my application, please call me on <enter a phone number>. I can make myself available for interview at a time convenient for yourselves.

Yours Sincerely,

<Enter name >

Sales Assistant Cover Letter Example 2

Dear Miss Turner,

As a passionate sales person with exceptional customer services skills, I would like to apply for the position of a Sales Assistant at Simpson’s, as advertised on your website. My strong background in sales and appropriate work experience closely match the job description you portray.

As you can see from my enclosed CV, I have wide-ranging knowledge and expertise in a retail sales setting. I am highly experienced in introducing new products to customers and sharing product information which I endeavour to learn as quickly as possible. In addition, I have an established ability to help customers with product variety and selection.

My extensive experience has helped me to develop significant abilities such as precisely determining customer needs and guiding and helping with their requirements. Additionally, I have a proven track record of being able to boost sales by 10% in the last year and I am confident I would be able to do the same for your business.

My CV further highlights my qualifications and experiences in the sales and customer service fields, but I would welcome an interview to further discuss my suitability.

Thank you for your consideration of this application.

Yours sincerely

See also:

Sales Assistant Cover Letter Example - No Experience

Retail jobs covering letter examples

Sales Assistant Job Application Cover Letter Example

Sales Assistant CV Example

Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:37:04 PM by Learnist Careers »

Offline lizzierobinson

Re: Sales Assistant Cover Letter Example
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:57:54 PM »
It's probably a good idea to highlight your customer service skills and good communication skills in a cover letter for a sales assistant. Think about the job and what it requires and then apply to own skills and experience to that.

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:23:36 AM »
Sales Assistant Cover Letter Example 3

Mr John Brown
222 Every Road
Any Town
AA1 1BB

Mrs Jane Smith
ABC Company
All Streets
Any Town
YY1 1ZZ

(Date)

Dear Mrs Smith

Application for the post of Sales Assistant

I would like to apply for the post of Sales Assistant that was advertised on XYZ website this week.  As an approachable and efficient individual, I believe that I would be an ideal candidate for the job.

You will see from my CV that I have two years of experience in sales in the home furnishings sector.  I provide advice to customers on the products in our ranges and help them to make the suitable choices for them.  I have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and can communicate well with all types of customers and colleagues.

I have the ability to display merchandise, check stock levels and process card transactions.  You may also be interested to know that I have been learning from a Team Leader in my current company on how to identify strong sellers and how to promote them.  I would be keen to develop this learning further with your organisation.

I believe that the company would benefit from my enthusiasm, strong communications skills and commitment to providing a positive customer service experience.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my skills and abilities further at interview.  I shall contact you in the next few days to check if you require any additional information from me.  Please feel free to contact me on (phone number) or at (e-mail address).

Thank you for your consideration.

Yours sincerely

John Brown

Tristan Schwartz

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 03:21:05 PM »
I would like to apply for this job 

56rache

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 01:18:45 PM »
It is always wise to look at a few examples as there are here and put your own spin on it as well as making it relevant to the job that you are applying for. I think it can be really tempting to write one as quickly as possible, completely copy one or make it as short and easy as possible. I have done this in the past and I did not get the job. Has anyone else done the same?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
who is the leader of the Labour Party? (UK):

* Recent Topics

CV Checklist: 5 Things to Remember When Writing a CV by sandeshbukate
[August 10, 2017, 05:20:23 AM]

How do you know if your CV is up to standard? by CV-Centre
[August 08, 2017, 09:13:14 AM]

jobs in UK by joan
[August 04, 2017, 04:02:54 PM]

Selfridges Job Application Form by Nimna mendis
[August 03, 2017, 12:20:30 PM]

How To Make An Outstanding CV? by theo43
[July 26, 2017, 04:12:10 PM]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38