collapse

Author Topic: Civil Service Jobs Cover Letter Example  (Read 9191 times)

Offline Learnist Careers

• Administrator
    • Share Post
Civil Service Jobs Cover Letter Example
« on: February 14, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »

Writing a cover letter for the job role of Civil Service Administrative Assistant and other Civil Service jobs.

Civil Service

A civil servant is a person whom works for the Home Civil Service which is a politically neutral organisation that advises and supports the government in delivering policies and public services.

There are many departments within the civil service including the Treasury, Ministry of Justice and Department for Work and Pensions, which also means there are plenty of jobs to choose from, from administrative support to departmental managers to senior civil servants.

Duties to expect will be dependent on the level of job being applied for.

As you’d expect, administrative staff will update records, answer phones and take minutes.

Middle management jobs include policy advisors, project leaders, researchers, and applicants will need to have an in depth knowledge of their respective department as they’ll be expected to advise ministers, research and write reports and help formulate policy.

Senior management jobs such as policy managers, director or deputy directors work very closely with government ministers helping them formulate and implement policy.

Example cover letter:  (Civil Service Administrative Assistant)

Dear HR Manager,

Please find attached my CV for the application of a Civil Service Administrative Officer which I have seen advertised in (where you saw job advertisement) .

In my previous roles I have had a great deal of experience in dealing with enquiries from the public on the telephone, face to face or more commonly online or via email these days and I feel that my communication skills are very good. I have also had the experience to deal with complaints from customers and escalate them where ever necessary. I feel that I pick up new systems quickly and am a proficient IT user with knowledge of many databases and systems.

I am very organised and methodical and I like to ensure that I research my information thoroughly before acting upon it. This ensures that no detail is missed out when it can be very crucial.  I am flexible in my approach to work and like to work as part of a team as well as on my own initiative.

If you have any questions about my CV and experiences, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely

Applicant Name

Good luck.

Linkback: http://forums.learnist.org/index.php?topic=7141.0

upload CV

Share via reddit Share via twitter

xx
Civil Service Administrative Officer Cover Letter

Started by Learnist Careers on Cover Letters

0 Replies
Last post December 16, 2013, 10:31:46 AM
by Learnist Careers
xx
Civil Engineer cover letter example

Started by awundrin on Cover Letters

1 Replies
Last post November 19, 2012, 04:01:37 PM
by NikyK
thumbup
Whitehall strike over cut in civil service redundancy payouts

Started by Learnist Careers on Job News

0 Replies
Last post March 07, 2010, 11:27:37 PM
by Learnist Careers
xx
Civil Service Aptitude Test - Assessment Exercises - Personality test

Started by Jays on Job Tests

0 Replies
Last post June 20, 2018, 11:47:35 AM
by Jays

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who is the prime minister of UK? (surname):

* Recent Topics

What is the minumum time between shifts? by erry09e8
[September 16, 2018, 01:26:38 PM]

Can I resign before I am dismissed? by erry09e8
[September 16, 2018, 01:20:06 PM]

dismissal after giving notice by erry09e8