collapse

Author Topic: Does a forces career fit in well with a family?  (Read 6328 times)

Offline Unemployed

Does a forces career fit in well with a family?
« on: September 30, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »

I have a family member in the forces and he is always having to go away for months at a time and not see his children, however my Uncle used to take his family with him when he travelled. I am worried that joining the forces could mean that everyone will have to travel, but am not completely sure. Are there forces careers where you will not have to travel and leave your family behind?

Offline Learnistorg

• Global Moderator
Re: Does a forces career fit in well with a family?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
With any job there is the chance of relocation and travelling, however certain army roles will require travelling as part of the job. If there is a specific army career that you are looking towards then it is worth investigating this further to see whether it is one that will definitely involve travel. The army also offer family quarters and can also help with some childcare costs so it is certainly worth investigating further to see whether it could be a career that would fit around your family.

Offline gemmacareers

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »
I think that there is a much higher chance of having to relocate if you're in the army than there would be if you were in any other kind of career. You also have to think about your children if you have any, because it isn't great if they have to change schools. Also, you should consider whether your family would actually want to move. Many find that the travelling is good, but there are other people who wouldn't want to do that, so depending on the type of people your family are, it may be a good career choice or it may not.

slug78

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 02:30:26 PM »
You can get civilian roles where you would be less likely to travel. However, there would be some travelling opportunities where you could take your family, so it is worth looking in to. Maybe anyone that has served in the army would like to put forward their experience.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
who is the leader of the Labour Party? (UK):

* Recent Topics

Asda Sheffield Drakehouse Supermarket Jobs - 550 Job Vacancies by ms i wignell
[August 27, 2017, 01:05:52 PM]

Salary on CV? by sandeshbukate
[August 25, 2017, 04:45:00 AM]

CV Checklist: 5 Things to Remember When Writing a CV by sandeshbukate
[August 10, 2017, 05:20:23 AM]

How do you know if your CV is up to standard? by CV-Centre
[August 08, 2017, 09:13:14 AM]

jobs in UK by joan
[August 04, 2017, 04:02:54 PM]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38